- v urge or force (a person) to an action; constrain or motivate
- v cause to move forward with force
- Illustration by Edwina White for PTI The thought of a loved one can turn our wits upside down, ratchet up our heart rate, impel us to slay dragons and write corny songs.
- Video games, Johnson notes, impel us to learn because playing them means not just following rules but also discovering what the rules are.
- At the Kuwaiti parliament last week, a crowd gathered quickly, noisily, in one of those convulsions of public feeling that impel strangers to converge on a single spot.
News & Articles
- Why LeBron James' NBA Finals Legacy Is Officially On the Line
LeBron James is currently playing for more than a second NBA championship. Beyond the Miami Heat 's season-defining Game 6 against the San Antonio Spurs and a potential title-deciding Game 7, there is LeBron's finals legacy. One more championship won't designate LeBron a success. A dynasty was supposed to be built in South Beach upon his arrival—anything less than that isn't enough to impel ...
June 17, 2013 - Bleacher Report