- v challenge the honesty or veracity of
the lawyers tried to impeach the credibility of the witnesses
- v charge (a public official) with an offense or misdemeanor committed while in office
The President was impeached
- v bring an accusation against; level a charge against
- When Roh refused to apologize, lawmakers moved to impeach him.
- Should President Nixon resign? Should he be impeached? Or what should he do to prevent either? Last week those once unthinkable questions were argued in a solemn and unique .
- The House voted to impeach, and the Senate came very close to agreeing Johnson clung to the Presidency by just one vote.
News & Articles
- Formal Call to Impeach John Swallow
(KUTV) There is a formal call to impeach or launch investigative proceedings against Utah Attorney General John Swallow. State Rep. Brian King, a Democrat, sent an email to every member of the Utah House, with his proposed resolution. The resolution notes Swallow is facing multiple investigations and that allegations suggest a culture which tolerates conflicts of interest in the Attorney ...
June 17, 2013 - KUTV Salt Lake City
- Swallow’s attorneys say Legislature lacks basis to impeach attorney general
Swallow’s attorneys say Legislature lacks basis to impeach attorney general by Robert Gehrke The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 14, 2013 10:46PM MDT Lawyers representing John Swallow are arguing that the Legislature has no basis to impeach Utah’s attorney general and that doing so would be caving to “media innuendos and distortions” based on untrustworthy sources. “We believe this is the time ...
June 15, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Swallow to legislature: You don’t have the authority to impeach me
SALT LAKE CITY – John Swallow reportedly sent a letter to the Utah Legislature, claiming that impeaching him would be...
June 15, 2013 - FOX 13 Utah
- Joe Birkett in FOXNews
The General Assembly must move to impeach Rod Blagojevich immediately,said DuPage County State's Attorney Joe Birkett, a potential Republican candidate for governor in 2010.
- Chuck Hagel in CNN
In a newly published interview in Esquire magazine, Hagel said Bush appears to believe he's no longer accountable, "which isn't totally true. You can impeach him, and before this is over, you might see calls for his impeachment. I don't know. It...
- Merrill Nisker in Times Daily (registration)
Singing the opening track of her new newest album, "Impeach My Bush," Peaches yelled out "impeach Bush, impeach Bush!"