impartial : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a showing lack of favoritism
the cold neutrality of an impartial judge
- a free from undue bias or preconceived opinions
the impartial eye of a scientist
- When the media stepped up the tempo, the Government was forced to set up an impartial inquiry into the firing incident.
- Contending that neither the police nor the local prosecutor could perform an impartial inquiry, Sliwa at week's end led his group on a march to Washington to demand federal .
- The litany of rights is familiar: the state must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, the accused has the right to be tried by a jury of his peers, and an impartial judge must .
News & Articles
- Jury Selection for Zimmerman Trial
The second degree murder trial of George Zimmerman began yesterday with jury selection. Analysts predict that finding an impartial jury may be a challenge. Zimmerman admitted he shot and killed 17 year old Trayvon Martin in self defense in February …
June 11, 2013 - Nightcap TV
- Seating Zimmerman trial jury could be arduous, experts say
The family of Trayvon Martin made a public statement at the Seminole County courthouse Monday morning about what they hope for during George Zimmerman's murder trial. "As we seek justice for our son, Trayvon, we also seek a fair and impartial trial," Tracy Martin said. The Martin family is in court Monday, as attorneys on both sides work to choose a jury. The first demonstrators showed up around ...
June 10, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Bulger jury picks under way
A psychiatrist, a high school teacher, a stay-at-home dad and a university scholar are still in. But fans of Herald columnist Howie Carr, relatives of murder victims, a distraught dog lover and a woman with leg-swelling issues are out. The arduous process of sifting through a massive jury pool to find 18 impartial men and women to serve on mobster James “Whitey” Bulger’s murder trial over the ...
June 10, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Maria Cantwell in Seattle Times
The prosecution did not present enough evidence for an impartial jury to conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that Ms. Knox was guilty,Cantwell said. "Italian jurors were not sequestered and were allowed to view highly negative news coverage...
- Ban Ki-moon in The Canadian Press
This election should be an inclusive process where all the parties and all the people can participate,the secretary-general said. "This election must be held in a credible and impartial and objective way."
- Jon Kyl in BusinessWeek
The burden is on the nominee to show that her record demonstrates that she can be a fair and impartial justice rather than one who would have an outcome-based approach,said Senator Jon Kyl, an Arizona Republican.