imitate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v reproduce someone's behavior or looks
The mime imitated the passers-by
- v appear like, as in behavior or appearance
Life imitate art
- v make a reproduction or copy of
- In short, when people imitate us nodding when we do, tilting their heads when we do we are more willing to be their ally.
- But keeping the tradition does not mean to imitate.
- To fish with a fly is to imitate the fly at its various stages of development.
News & Articles
- 'Social Media Explained' Industry Expands Steadily by Category Verticals
The development and wide distribution of the Social Media Explained infographic in the wellness field (the?Pee? product) has inspired entrepreneurs in many industries to imitate and refine it. Although the business model is still in its infancy with no obvious monetization, several key industry categories have launched products in their specific crucial verticals.
June 25, 2013 - Forbes
- Kate Gosselin: 'Slanted' eye photo is a 'happy memory'
Kate Gosselin has spoken out about the controversial photo in which she dons a plastic geisha-style wig and pulls her eyes up at the corners to imitate the look of an Asian person."This was a happy memory of mine," Gosselin wrote on her website. A fan had sent the plastic wig, Gosselin said, and she and husband Jon took turns wearing it and snapping photos. Gosselin added a photo of Jon in the ...
June 25, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Gosselin Calls 'Slanted' Eye Photo 'Happy Memory'
Former reality star and mom of eight Kate Gosselin has responded to the controversy over a much-criticized photo that surfaced on Twitter over the weekend of her wearing a geisha-style wig and pulling her eyes up at the corners to imitate an Asian person.
June 25, 2013 - ET Online via omg!
- Luciano Pavarotti in Forbes
In my teens I used to go to Mario Lanza movies and then come home and imitate him in the mirror,Pavarotti said.
- Sarah Palin in FOXNews
I love her, she's a hoot and she's so talented. It would be fun to meet her, imitate her, and keep on giving her new material,Palin said of Fey.
- Andy Roddick in Los Angeles Times
In one vein, Roddick said, "I figure if you're going to joke and imitate other people and do the whole deal, then you should take it. Listen, if someone makes fun of me, I'm most likely going to laugh."