- n a Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy
News & Articles
- Trust Me, Assigning Summer Reading Is Totally Pointless
I am all for torturing children. As the overlord of a 9 th grade classroom, I forced them to memorize sections of The Aeneid , socked them with the one-two punch of The Odyssey and The Iliad and finished them off on a Shakespearian rack. Let them suffer, I say.
June 13, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire
- Paul Muldoon in Leading The Charge
He was a quiet man, diligent and decorous, yet one who was unexpectedly equal to the swagger and savagery of Homer's 'Iliad' and 'Odyssey' in a way no one had managed before him,Princeton humanities professor and Pulitzer Prize-winning poet...
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb in Daily News & Analysis (blog)
He says, "If one puts an infinite number of monkeys in front of (strongly built) typewriters, and lets them clap away, there is a certainty that one of them would come out with an exact version of the Iliad".Having said this, Taleb asks "Now...
- Georgi Kitov in Sofia Echo
The unique mask looks even better than the famous image of King Agamemnon, the Greek anti-hero described by Homer in the Iliad,Kitov said after making the discovery.