ilium : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an ancient city in Asia Minor that was the site of the Trojan War
- n the upper and widest of the three bones making up the hipbone
- Itaque plus quam L Americanos libellum ilium expectavisse et delectavisse puto.
- Examples: a manlike big toe close to other toes, a short pelvis and wide ilium, which may indicate that Oreopithecus walked erect instead of swinging from trees.
- One slinky black jersey by Halston has a centerfold cutout scooped so low that it frames the lady's sacrum, covering only her ilium.