- a of or relating to the ilium
- Obstructions involving the iliac, femoral and popliteal arteries supplying the legs and feet are common, and may actually begin in the aorta just before it splits to form the two .
- Instead, the pellet turned downward, worked into the left iliac artery, then the left femoral.
- Like a log in a swift stream, it was carried by the blood round the aorta's bend, down the chest into the left iliac, a major blood vessel feeding the leg, where it finally came to .
News & Articles
- Surgery Recommended for Severely Blocked or Narrowed Iliac Arteries
The Journal of Endovascular Therapy features an article which analyzed over 5000 studies to decide which of two options, open bypass surgery or endovascular repair, is preferable for treating severe cases of Aortoiliac occlusive disease (AIOD). The authors concluded that AIOD should be tackled through surgery because five years after treatment, patients who had undergone surgery had fewer issues ...
Aug. 8, 2013 - PRWeb