igneous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a produced under conditions involving intense heat; especially from molten magma"
igneous rock is rock formed by solidification from a molten state
igneous fusion is fusion by heat alone
- a produced by the action of fire or intense heat
rocks formed by igneous agents
- s like or suggestive of fire
an igneous desert atmosphere
- And, unlike the igneous volcanoes that dot Indonesia's countryside, the underground plumbing fueling Lusi is largely mysterious.
- We found the next best thinga miniature hump-backed lump of igneous rock barely 800 m long and about 400 m wide just off Kalipur Beach, 20 km to the south of Diglipur.
- Glimmering waves of heat dance out of the iron-hot Funeral Range and Panamint Mountain until it seems that the whole world lies waiting for one final and consuming igneous blast.
News & Articles
- September Music Calendar
Sept 6 – The Door (Dallas) - Blood On the Dance Floor Sept 6 – Treehouse (Denton) – Pansy Moon, Igneous Grimm Sept 7 – Shipping and Receiving Bar (Fort Worth) – Quiet Company Sept 12 – Gexa (Dallas) – …
Aug. 30, 2013 - Nightcap TV
- Stuart Monro in Scotsman
Stuart explains: "He saw at the base of the Crags that part of the igneous material had forced itself into the sediment underneath. It must have been squeezed in as hot molten rock and it started Hutton thinking about how the igneous process related...