- n an important dogsled race run annually on the Iditarod Trail
- And if dog-powered sports leave you panting like a husky, bow out and watch Alaska's annual Iditarod race in March (tel: 1-907 376 5155; www.
News & Articles
- Hearing over fate of sled dog that attacked child ends in deadlock
A Mat-Su Borough commission was deadlocked Wednesday, unable to decide whether a top Iditarod musher's sled dog should live or die after it mauled a 2-year-old girl.
June 20, 2013 - Anchorage Daily News
- Jamaican musher delivers School Street School students’ mail
School Street School second graders in Nancy Mentone’s class received a special message by mail recently. It was from Newton Marshall, the musher who carried the class’ letter as part of the Iditarod Trail Project. The letter that the class sent off on Feb. 1 was returned marked "End of the Trail March 18 2013, Nome, Alaska."
June 19, 2013 - The Record
- Sarah Palin in USA Today
We are so proud of you, Lance, and we're considering this the greatest team in Iditarod history,Palin said.
- Kyle Brady in USA Today
We just have a tough road ahead of us, no matter who's doing what, what the records are,Brady said. "It's kind of like the Iditarod, those sled dogs. Every single day you have to pull that sled and at night you eat your food and think...
- Lance Mackey in International Herald Tribune
Just a few short years ago people didn't think you could run the Quest and the Iditarod with the same dog team, well I proved that it is capable and possible,Mackey said.