hypothalamus : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a basal part of the diencephalon governing autonomic nervous system
- Being married somehow helps the body circumvent this mess, either by hushing the hypothalamus or reducing cortisol production.
- Normally the hypothalamus is checked by the more civilized cerebral cortex.
- The body produces hormones that activate the hypothalamus.
News & Articles
- Arg-Phe-amide-related peptides influence gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurons
( Neural Regeneration Research ) During the last decade, our understanding of this hypothalamus-pituitary-gonadal axis has quickly expanded. Two novel hypothalamic Arg-Phe-amide-related peptides, kisspeptin and gonadotropin-inhibitory hormone, may be important regulators of the reproductive axis.
July 17, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Paul Allen in Wired News
One researcher at Harvard who studies obesity found a receptor in the hypothalamus, an area involved in appetite and feeding control,said Allen. "Subsequently, he built a research program around this finding. It's really rewarding for me...