hydroplane : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an airplane that can land on or take off from water
the designer of marine aircraft demonstrated his newest hydroplane
- n a speedboat that is equipped with winglike structures that lift it so that it skims the water at high speeds
the museum houses a replica of the jet hydroplane that broke the record
- v glide on the water in a hydroplane
- For sheer exclusiveness, danger and sangfroid, no sport quite matches hydroplane racing.
- Suddenly the big hydroplane flipped over, vanished in a geyser of white spray.
- Delayed seven weeks by rough weather and modifications to his sleek jet hydroplane Bluebird, Speedmerchant Donald Campbell tucked a cuddly teddybear mascot into the cockpit with .
News & Articles
- After 45 years, Pat O'Day dropped from Seafair coverage
Seattle radio legend Pat O'Day says he's been dropped from broadcasting the annual Seafair hydroplane races for the first time in 45 years, and his fans have taken to social media with anger and disbelief.
June 22, 2013 - KOMO Seattle
- Man backing boat into water sinks truck
Fri, 21 Jun 2013 12:19:02 GMT The Associated Press The police said a man trying to get his boat into the Merrimack River ended up accidentally putting his trailer and pickup truck in the water, too. John Pragosa was backing the truck and trailer hauling his hydroplane boat toward the river in Nashua yes...
June 20, 2013 - Concord Monitor
- Soap Lake Hydroplane Regatta creates crowds, memories for many
SOAP LAKE - The rumble of hydroplanes was heard ripping through the water of Soap Lake for the first time in more than 30 years this past weekend, June 15-16.
June 18, 2013 - iFiber One
- Greg Biffle in Kansas City Star
I kind of was looking forward to this, because I've never raced in the rain,Greg Biffle said. "It was a lot of fun. It got a little hairy there when it started raining so hard. The car would hydroplane bad down the front stretch - and I...
- Rusty Wallace in USA Today
If you pull up behind a car at Indy, it blocks a little of your aerodynamic downforce, and your car just goes into hydroplane,Wallace said. "You can be running 10% better than the guy in front, but you can't catch up because you're losing...