- n a musical instrument that makes music by rotation of a cylinder studded with pegs
- The boy grinds a hurdy-gurdy drawn by a mule while his mother and grandfather sing.
- The signs lead to a drugstore and soda fountain three-quarters of a block long that has grown into an oasis of friendly commercial hurdy-gurdy in the middle of the sparse prairie.
- Black Mirror and Keep the Car Running take flight on guitar, harp, hurdy-gurdy and a chorus of voices that soar past the words, creating a feeling of optimism in songs about .
News & Articles
- Sandywoods hosts unique concert
On Sunday evening, the Jobe/Redfearn Project will present "Hurdy-Gurdy Palooza" at Sandywoods Center for the Arts in Tiverton, R.I.
Jan. 16, 2014 - The Standard-Times
- Andrew Daniel in Washington Post
The world of electronic music is sort of po-faced and self-serious,says Daniel, "rehashing a lot of abstract gestures from the 1950s. But our songs are about something. They're about rhinoplasty, or the shape of a hurdy-gurdy -- they're...
- Caroline Craig in The Age
Craig says the revival is even more absurd than the original, "and that was already a bit of a hurdy-gurdy".