hummus : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a thick spread made from mashed chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic; used especially as a dip for pita; originated in the Middle East
- So, who invented hummus? I asked the owner, Ghalib Zahdeh.
- In fact, a lot of the food--especially mushy stuff like the no-bean hummus and the pecan crumble--had a biting, rough quality.
- He makes his own hummus.
News & Articles
- MANVILLE: Middle-school marketers make their pitch
KoolCumber Hummus and Shushu Lee’s sesame dipping sauce were among the 23 salad dressings, dips and salsas unveiled at the Alexander Batcho Intermediate School’s third annual Dressed for Success competition on June 13.
June 29, 2013 - The Manville News
- Kerry's palate gets workout in Mideast peace talks
JERUSALEM (AP) — Red tuna and sea bream with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. A two-hour lunch of shish tawook and rice with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. Back again with Netanyahu, it was hummus and mixed nuts. Secretary of State John Kerry's palate is getting a workout during his stepped-up rounds of Mideast diplomacy.
June 28, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- PETA: Comerica Park is second-best in MLB for vegetarians
This year, the home of the Detroit Tigers is in second place, trailing only Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. (There must be some darn good tofu cheesesteaks out there.) PETA credits Comerica's vegetable stir fry, fruit cup, hummus with vegetables, veggie burger, salads and corn on the cob.
June 26, 2013 - Detroit Free Press