- n the quality of compassion or consideration for others (people or animals)
- A snafu at the execution of a serial killer inflames the debate about humaneness and capital punishment.
- His story is combined with that of Maupassant's Boule de Suif, gallant prototype of a hundred storied prostitutes who, in their humaneness and courage, shame their social betters.
- A Twist Before Dying (Crime) A snafu at the execution of a serial killer inflames the debate about humaneness and capital punishment.
News & Articles
- Jimenez: Farenthold can learn much from Brooks County
The officials of Brooks County are treating the dead with the kind of humaneness they didn't have in their last moments on this earth. Brooks County has become the conscience of the nation.
Aug. 25, 2013 - Corpus Christi Caller-Times
- Gideon Levy in The Nation.
Once again, Israel's violent responses, even if there is justification for them, exceed all proportion and cross every red line of humaneness, morality, international law and wisdom,Levy wrote in Monday's editions of Israel's oldest daily...
- Joseph Lowery in Atlanta Progressive News
This (campaign against the killing of whales) warns us that we are slowly ourselves committing a kind of suicide. If it is not a physical suicide, it is a moral and ethical suicide. For our own sakes we need to recover our humaneness, and our... Desmond Tutu http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Tutu&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGSXuC9qOr1ourN-4rSwuYVoxNwRQ SYS-CON Media http://www.google.com/url?q=http://in.sys-con.com/node/763620&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFGk9UIEzO5XXIkPldgIxOJQz9vJg Dec 1, 2008
48619 65847 humaneness We have sown the wind of mean-spiritedness toward the poor, and lack of humaneness toward the stranger at our door. There is something terribly wrong with our system of economics and values when we have disparities, when any handful of people have...