- n a period of time assigned for work
they work long hours
- n an indefinite period of time
they talked for hours
- n a period of time equal to 1/24th of a day
- n clock time
- n a special and memorable period
- n distance measured by the time taken to cover it
- A pint of rich raw milk takes 6 hours to get out of the stomach.
- No news is it for Labor to favor shorter working hours, nor for politicians to favor shorter working hours for their constituents.
- Abstaining from food or drink during daylight hours is challenging enough for the average person, but for the Ghana-born Muntari, a professional soccer player with Italy's Serie .
News & Articles
- 18 Hours of Swimming Salmon
The boring television genre is as old as the test pattern that was on screen for hours each day at the dawn of television, as old as the film of logs flickering in the fireplace at Christmas. But Norwegians love boring television and have adopted it as their "reality TV," the Wall Street Journal reports.
June 17, 2013 - Los Angeles Business Journal
- Residents fed up after deadly shooting at after-hours club in southeast Houston
HOUSTON—Hours after emergency crews raced through a southeast Houston parking lot cordoned off by crime scene tape, residents at an apartment complex nearby shared their concerns about a deadly shooting that happened too close to their homes. “I’m just scared”, said Bertha Gonzales while standing next to her 14-year-old son. “A lot of times, kids are the ones who are getting hurt”. Sunday ...
June 17, 2013 - KHOU 11 Houston
- Firms take 10 hours to spot data breaches, McAfee finds
The average organisation believes it would spot a data breach in ten hours, a McAfee global survey of IT professionals has found. But is that result good, indifferent or an indication of the downright complacent?
June 17, 2013 - TechWorld
- Robert Kennedy in Brattleboro Reformer
For me, a few hours ago, this campaign came to an end,Kennedy said to a packed Madison Square Garden. "For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dream shall never...
- Pope Benedict XVI in AFP
Shalom! It is with joy that I come here just a few hours before the celebration of your Pesah (Passover), to express my respect and esteem for the Jewish community of New York City,Benedict told some 400 people gathered at the synagogue.
- Henry Waxman in New York Times
Mr. Waxman cited a subcommittee investigation that concluded that BP took shortcuts in constructing the fatal well "to save a million dollars here and a few hours or days there," and added there was no evidence that Mr. Hayward "paid even the...