hosepipe : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a flexible pipe for conveying a liquid or gas
- The White Rhino Injured, 1966, is a marvel of surrealist compression: the unfortunate pachyderm's skin is reduced to several turns of gray, wrinkled hosepipe surrounding a block .
- Caroline Spelman in 107.7 The Wolf
Environment Secretary Caroline Spelman said: "I spoke with United Utilities ahead of today's hosepipe ban to hear what steps they are taking to conserve water and I will be keeping a close watch on the situation as it develops. The North West has...
- Alan Stubbs in Daily Mail
It's a leaving souvenir from Bellefield - I butted one of the doors,said Stubbs, with a sheepish smile. "It's no joke. I turned the hosepipe on Tim, drowning him with freezing water, and as I turned round to run away, one of the doors was...
- Gareth Evans in Express.co.uk
Dr Gareth Evans, an environment consultant, added: "We are not short of water in this country or shouldn't be but as soon as there is a bit of sunshine we must have a hosepipe ban. It's a vexed issue and something has to give."