hopi : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of the Shoshonean people of northeastern Arizona
- n the Shoshonean language spoken by the Hopi
- Raul Grijalva in HNN Huntingtonnews.net
Mining at Black Mesa has caused springs on Hopi lands to dry up and jeopardized the sole source of drinking water for many Hopis and Navajos,stated Grijalva. "The Secretary, as the trustee for Native American tribes, must ensure that...
- Joe Shirley Jr in Arizona Daily Star
Few phone calls I've received as president have ever been such good news,Shirley said. "This is another day both the Navajo and Hopi people have waited 40 years for. I send my warmest congratulations to the entire Hopi Tribal Council."
- Edward Sheriff Curtis in Voice of San Diego
In his caption for "A Hopi Man," Curtis writes: "In his physiognomy we read the dominant traits of Hopi character. The eyes speak of wariness, if not downright distrust. The mouth shows great possibilities of unyielding stubbornness. Yet...