hopkins : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n United States educator and theologian (1802-1887)
- n United States financier and philanthropist who left money to found the university and hospital that bear his name in Baltimore (1795-1873)
- n English poet (1844-1889)
- n English biochemist who did pioneering work that led to the discovery of vitamins (1861-1947)
- n Welsh film actor (born in 1937)
News & Articles
- Hopkins students invent stealth breast pump
Two Johns Hopkins doctoral students won third place in a national biomedical engineering contest for their invention: a quiet, hands-free and discreet breast pump.
June 21, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Hopkins County Humane Society adopts new feral cat program
Humane Society Officials in Hopkins County are re-releasing feral cats. It's a move to actually reduce the number of strays. The Hopkins County Humane Society recently adopted a new program to help control
June 21, 2013 - 14 WFIE Evansville
- Hopkins catching on quickly
Hopkins made his presence known immediately.
June 20, 2013 - Anderson Independent-Mail
- Roy Jones in WalesOnline
When Joe fought in Vegas (against Bernard Hopkins), I ran into a lot of people who weren't happy with the arrangements and the way they had to go through all the stops to get there,Jones told BBC Sport Wales. "So I wanted to make it easier...
- Kirk Douglas in New York Daily News
Two days later, I got a call about his stroke. My wife and I flew to Johns Hopkins Hospital immediately,Douglas said. "He was in a coma. I held his hand and talked to him. Maybe he heard me. My only consolation is that he did not suffer."