- v carve a honeycomb pattern into
The cliffs were honeycombed
- v penetrate thoroughly and into every part
the revolutionaries honeycombed the organization
- v make full of cavities, like a honeycomb
- s pitted with cell-like cavities (as a honeycomb)
- For one thing, Goni demonstrates that the Castillo administration, and particularly the Argentine Foreign Ministry, was honeycombed with Nazi sympathizers as early as 1942--so much .
- Defense experts say North Korea's countryside is virtually a fortress, honeycombed with hardened bunkers and tunnel complexes shielding troops and supplies.
- Vietnamese Skyraiders rent the air with ferocious whines as they dive-bombed sections of the city, notably the Chinese quarter of Cholon, which was honeycombed with Viet Cong.
- Lorena Hickok in National Review Online
Journalist Lorena Hickok noted that Pennsylvania was "honeycombed with politicians all fighting for the privilege of distributing patronage."
- John D Rockefeller in Wall Street Journal
Rockefeller, according to Tarbell's evidence, "has introduced into business a spy system of the most odious character. He has turned commerce from a peaceful pursuit to war, and honeycombed it with cruel and corrupt practice, turned competition from...