homebound : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n people who are confined to their homes
- s confined usually by illness
- Two dozen students are homebound, unable, whether physically or emotionally, to come back to class yet.
- That afternoon some of the students visited an AIDS clinic, while others stuffed and decorated bags for delivery to homebound AIDS patients.
- They say the agency has at least reoriented itself in the right direction away from Earth after too many homebound years.
News & Articles
- Meals on Wheels needs drivers
The Meals on Wheels service operating out of St Francis Hospital is in need of drivers. Meals on Wheels is a non-profit, volunteer service organization that provides meals to the homebound, elderly, convalescing, handicapped or chronically ill (any age...
June 16, 2013 - Charleston Daily Mail
- Walkathon benefits meals delivery program
An annual fundraising walkathon to benefit a meal delivery program for seniors and the homebound raised about $3,000.
June 15, 2013 - The State Journal-Register
- The Stroller: Summer Jam
Stroller Summer Jam IV is coming to Boiling Springs Community Park on Saturday, and a generous business community is giving away thousands of dollars worth of prizes, and it’s all for a very worthwhile cause, Mobile Meals of Spartanburg. Without that organization, many hundreds of homebound folks would go hungry daily. Many business owners and individuals aren’t going to let that happen. The ...
June 14, 2013 - Spartanburg Herald-Journal
- Angelina Jolie in New York Daily News
We're very homebound,Jolie says of her relationship with partner Brad Pitt in the July 11 issue of Parade magazine. "We're very much Mommy and Daddy in our pajamas." "We are not separated for more than three days, ever. We stay...
- Andrew Cuomo in Elmira Star-Gazette
It's a double fraud,Cuomo said. "It's victimizing elderly people, disabled people who are homebound for the most part, and you rip off the taxpayers."
- Sherrod Brown in Youngstown Vindicator
We have an obligation to ensure older Americans do not go hungry,said US Sen. Sherrod Brown. "These funds will provide a lifeline to homebound seniors while ensuring other older Americans in need have access to nutritious meals."