- s excessively or hypocritically pious
- Talese was unapologetic for publishing the book, Merschel said, and she described Winfrey to him as "holier-than-thou" and her talk-show audience as reminiscent of a "Roman circus.
- After pointing out that Utah's population had now acquired "great diversity," Hinckley admonished the Mormon majority for being clannish and adopting holier-than-thou attitudes.
- Moreover you'll forgive me if I gag a little when Republican politicians don the ill-fitting mantle of self-righteousness and deliver holier-than-thou sermons on morality.
News & Articles
- Keck's Exclusives First Look: Anna Camp Goes Back to True Blood
Keck's Exclusives First Look: Anna Camp Goes Back to True Blood Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 10:00 pm, Sunday, June 16, 2013 Holier-than-thou horndog Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) was last seen on HBO's True Blood as a minister's cheating Mrs. back in ...
June 21, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- John McCain in Guardian Unlimited
McCain told CNN the decision was Craig's to make, "but my opinion is that when you plead guilty to a crime, you shouldn't serve. That's not a moral stand. That's not a holier-than-thou. It's just a factual situation."