hives : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an itchy skin eruption characterized by weals with pale interiors and well-defined red margins; usually the result of an allergic response to insect bites or food or drugs
- n a teeming multitude
- n a man-made receptacle that houses a swarm of bees
- n a structure that provides a natural habitation for bees; as in a hollow tree
- v store, like bees
- v move together in a hive or as if in a hive
- v gather into a hive
- Beekeeper Orin Johnson checks on hives in an orchard.
- The solution, it seems, is to put hives up high, where they will be undetected and give the bees easy access to rooftop gardens.
- One reason to believe this: many hives have experienced CCD without the presence of the vampire mite.
- Shannen Doherty in msnbc.com
I have a huge fear of live audiences,Doherty explains. "I break out in hives, full-blown panic attacks, and everything else."
- Chris Martin in Xfm Online
We refer to him as 'That Little Frog',Martin begins. "We don't like the frog and it brings me out in hives. I go red. The point is that little thing should have its legs chopped off and I'd like to eat them in a restaurant." "We...