- n any workplace where people are very busy
- n a structure that provides a natural habitation for bees; as in a hollow tree
- n a hairdo resembling a beehive
- n a man-made receptacle that houses a swarm of bees
- If you climbed into an MRI machine and lay there quietly, waiting for instructions from a technician, the dark network would be as active as a beehive.
- The 24-year-old wears her hair in a beehive so large and teetering that it could hide the chorus of middle-aged black women that seems to materialize at the back of her throat .
- In 2003, Best Buy's corporate headquarters in Minneapolis was just another cubicle beehive buzzing with nine-to-fivers.
News & Articles
- Video: Are mites or pesticides causing honeybee problems?
Thu, 06 Jun 2013 16:01:46 GMT By Jane Gargas Yakima Herald-Republic GORDON KING/Yakima Herald-Republic Miguel Barajas examines a beehive to ensure the queen bee is strong as he and others work with hives belonging to Olson’s Honey in a yard near Selah on May 16. Eric Olson, a co-owner of Olson’s Honey, believes that pesticides may be only one factor contributing to colony collapse disorder in ...
June 12, 2013 - Yakima Herald-Republic
- Ski industry sees 5.4% increase
The Beehive State may have experienced a cold and dry winter, but there was still enough snow to get people on the slopes. read more
June 11, 2013 - Standard-Examiner
- Missing St. George man found in good health
A man missing in St. George was found safe and sound Tuesday afternoon. Ronald Bucher, 92, went on a walk from his residence at Beehive Homes , a senior living center at 2397 S. River Road, at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, and was not seen for several hours.
June 11, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Helen Mirren in Washington Post
I love the fact that she has never changed, and there's a consistency there that's admirable and so extraordinary. If her hairstyle one minute was a beehive in the '60s and then it was a shag cut or mullet in the '70s,Mirren joked.
- Dita Von Teese in Metro Canada - Halifax
No matter how much she breaks down, she still has the beehive of sorts and the outfits and eyeliner,Von Teese says. "When I see pictures of her I wish I could tidy her up a bit."
- Noel Gallagher in Ireland Online
His brother, guitarist Noel, added: "Good luck to her, she's a nice girl but you just feel like it's been invented. It's like they've said, 'Amy Winehouse, she's got a black beehive, we'll do a blonde one.