- n someone who rejects the established culture; advocates extreme liberalism in politics and lifestyle
- This is not to say the hipster writers are bad parents--or writers; their work can be wise and moving.
- In a typical hipster-parent offering, an edgy novelist, musician or feminist sex writer has a baby--Me! Who'd'a thunk it!--and wrestles to reconcile his or her sensibility with the .
- As a pretentious, self-important yuppie hipster, I thought it was a great idea to pay a baby-name consultant, an occupation created just a year ago.
News & Articles
- The New Myspace Will Spend $20 Million On This Ad Campaign
The hipster-filled ad is a part of the company's $20 million rebranding campaign and will air tonight. It uses the new logo that was leaked last September.
June 13, 2013 - Business Insider
- Pimpin' Photo: NYPD Officer Stalks The City In His "Pimpala"
We've had Hipster Cops , Pepper Spray Cops , and even Cannibal Cops , but never an honest-to-goodness bag-bang-bouncing Pimp Cop—okay, that's not true, we have had LITERAL pimp cops who allegedly pimped on the side , but we've never had a cop who pimped his official NYPD ride with such simple elegance—until now! [ more › ]
June 12, 2013 - Gothamist
- IFC renews 'Portlandia' for two more seasons
Television's love affair with the bizarre, hipster world of Portland is not over yet. IFC has renewed "Portlandia" for two more seasons, the network announced Wednesday (June 12). Season 4 is scheduled to premiere early in 2014, with Season 5 following in 2015. Each season will be made up of 10 half-hour episodes.The odd comedy series stars Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein as a wide array of ...
June 12, 2013 - Zap2It
- Sia Furler in Reuters
I don't think she thought it was a risk,Furler said. "She was just excited to get to work with the artists she loves. There's this misconception that she's a Middle America kind of person. But she's a little hipster. You go back to her...
- Bob Dylan in LA Canyon News
Buckley was the hipster bebop preacher who defied all labels,wrote Bob Dylan in his memoir Chronicles.
- Sean Combs in HipHopDX
They're looking for something that tastes like their lifestyle,Diddy said. "It's that trendsetter, that hipster, someone who's looking for luxury and looking for something better."