hippie : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who rejects the established culture; advocates extreme liberalism in politics and lifestyle
- The middleclass ego, to the hippie, is the jacket that makes society straight, and must be destroyed before freedom can be achieved.
- Also advocated: "juvenile exhibitionism"a favorite hippie habit most recently practiced by at least 50 young men and women from San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury, who stripped to .
- There must be hippie havens other than San Francisco.
News & Articles
- Self-Published Memoir, Hippie Boy, Lands on New York Times Bestseller List
SEATTLE, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hippie Boy: A Girl's Story , a self-published memoir about a feisty teenage girl who escapes her abusive Mormon stepfather and the suffocating religion and poverty ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- How Pixar Developed ‘Art’ for ‘Monsters University’
“Monsters University,” the prequel to “Monsters, Inc.,” has several new characters, including Art, a purple longhaired hippie-esque monster majoring in new-age philosophy.
June 13, 2013 - New York Times
- This week in disappointment: greenways, guns and landfills
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.—Mahatma Gandhi "Several hundred people—mostly white, angry, aged former hippies—appeared and screeched into microphones, talked about solidarity and chanted diatribes. It was 'liberal theater' at its best.
June 12, 2013 - Independent Weekly
- Olivier Theyskens in York Daily Record
Backstage, we were all in nature, which was very good with the theme,said Theyskens, the label's young new Belgian designer. "It's about leaves and colors, this very mixed look. I also liked all these slightly post-hippie, Woodstock-type...
- Shia LaBeouf in Gaea Times (blog)
Earlier, LaBeouf called his mother 'the sexiest woman I know.' "My humour came from seeing my parents have sex, smoke weed, my mom being naked - just weird hippie stuff, twisted R-rated humour," Fox News quoted him as telling Parade magazine.
- Charles Manson in San Jose Mercury News
I like projecting positivity. I believe that we are all fields of energy and you have the choice whether to be a positive or negative field of energy. I know that sounds hippie-ish but it''s what I believe fundamentally. So you could be a bag of... Drew Barrymore http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Barrymore&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEBll96g0ZCTLeoZr7BqIoiarWotg Fresh News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.freshnews.in/drew-barrymore-considers-herself-%25E2%2580%2598a-bundle-of-positive-energy%25E2%2580%2599-123332&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHg3SQd2VrISzaK8DYoqruvHOSYvg Feb 5, 2009
47330 64222 hippies During one of these visits he heard Manson say, We're not hippies; we're here to get away from the troubles of the world."