hibernating : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v sleep during winter
- v be in an inactive or dormant state
- s in a condition of biological rest or suspended animation
a hibernating bear
- And in that cozier place we retreated to, Berlin was waiting, hibernating.
- Been hibernating all winter? This is your week to shake off all those layers: Monday, April 22 is not only Earth Day, it's also the beginning of National Parks Week.
- She says, "These films come from hibernating for a year.
News & Articles
- Lauren Conrad: Boyfriend William Tell Is 'Very Good For Me'
MTV cameras may no longer follow "The Hills" star Lauren Conrad wherever she goes, but that doesn't mean the 27-year-old is hibernating—far from it, in fact! With multiple fashion lines, a best-selling book series and an e-commerce site (The Little Market) launching in September, Lauren is busier than ever, establishing herself as something of a [...]
June 11, 2013 - MTV
- Ryan Ross in MTV.com
Guess you could say I've been hibernating for the past few months,guitarist Ryan Ross wrote on the band's official site. "I'll be meeting up with everyone at the cabin in a few days to begin working on songs again. This record is going to...
- Ed Royce in Zee News
Some question whether the AQ Khan network is truly out of business, asking if it's not merely hibernating. We'd be foolish to rule out that chilling possibility,Royce said.
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh in Sun.Star
Perhaps I am a bear, or some hibernating animal underneath, for the instinct to be half asleep all winter is so strong in me,argued Anne Morrow Lindbergh.