- s in a condition of biological rest or suspended animation
- a (of e.g. volcanos) not erupting and not extinct
a dormant volcano
- s lying with head on paws as if sleeping
- s inactive but capable of becoming active
her feelings of affection are dormant but easily awakened
- One way to kill a dormant cell is to target biochemical processes that continue even in latency there aren't many of those.
- His affections are dormant but could get awakened anytime.
- Indeed, Chavez's spending spree has given Brazil's long-dormant arms industry a bit of a political kick-start.
News & Articles
- PRINCETON: Mayor to attend hearing on private college legislation
Lawmakers have resurrected a dormant Assembly bill that gives private colleges the right to bypass municipal land use boards for construction projects, a measure Princeton and other college town oppose.
June 19, 2013 - The Princeton Packet
- Kim Dotcom's Great Data Massacre
Welp, here's hoping you didn't have anything important stored on Megaupload's mostly dormant servers. Megaupload owner and maniacal super villain Kim Dotcom says a huge amount of their servers have been wiped in a "data massacre" for the ages.
June 19, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Oracle Still Looks Like a Smart Buy
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Say what you want about the dormant nature of enterprise IT spending: Oracle certainly knows how to keep things interesting. First, the database giant surprised the entire sector with its $2.1 billion acquisition of Acme Packet . Then, a little more than a month later, the company announced its intent to pick off network vendor Tekelec. Although the Tekelec announcement ...
June 19, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Jerry Lewis in FOXNews
The case was sitting dormant in my office,Lewis told ET.
- Dianne Feinstein in ABC News
I believe this will reignite the dormant effort to pass commonsense gun regulations in this nation,said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a California Democrat who was a leader in the failed drive to renew a ban on certain types of assault weapons that...
- Shaquille O'Neal in SportingNews.com
I have all that in my game. It's just been dormant the last couple years,O'Neal said. "Wasn't really my role to be scoring a lot of points. But you ask me to do something, I'll do it. ...... Our No. 1 guy's down and I'm just stepping my...