- n congenital condition in which external genitalia and internal sex organs have both male and female characteristics
- n showing characteristics of both sexes
- Such cases of "sex change" fascinate not only tabloid editors but also serious students of the tremendous complexity and almost infinite variations of human hermaphroditism.
- Young, a professor at Johns Hopkins, who is the dean of American urologists, knows of only 20 indisputable cases of true hermaphroditism, patients who had within themselves both .
- At Lens, near Lille, France another case of metamorphosed hermaphroditism came to light last week.