hermeneutics : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the branch of theology that deals with principles of exegesis
- But more than that, this is a novel about people who have wasted massive chunks of their lives--Duncan in sterile rock-critic hermeneutics (he's like the worst-case-scenario future .
- If they are interpreting the Bible, hermeneutics is the term.
- They are usually young, steeped in the Bible and hip to the latest twists of German hermeneutics, at home both in academe and in the churches of the slum-ridden "inner city.
- Pope Paul VI in renewamerica.us
The Pope called one camp "the hermeneutics of discontinuity and rupture," and the other one which has borne fruit, "the hermeneutics of reform."
- Paul Ricoeur in Times Online
They are systematically cynical about appearances, instances of what Paul Ricoeur called the "hermeneutics of suspicion".