hermit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one retired from society for religious reasons
- n one who lives in solitude
- Tradition claims it was founded by a hermit stonecutter named Marinus who gathered about him Christian slavesthe poor and oppressed.
- Since moving to the Shade Gap area several years ago, he had lived as a hermit in a two-room hilltop shack, subsisting on wild game and state relief checks.
- The peeling-away process has already started as two former key Hughes aides have been questioned in pretrial investigations into the secret life and death of the hermit .
News & Articles
- Is the 'Vice' Visit to North Korea With Dennis Rodman Daring Journalism or a Self-Promotional Stunt?
Are you journalists or are you entertainers?a member of the audience demanded of Vice's Shane Smith and Ryan Duffy after an advance screening of "The Hermit Kingdom: Basketball Diplomacy," the already infamous final episode of the current first season of their HBO news magazine show. The half-hour installment, which airs tonight, June 14th, at 11pm, is entirely devoted to Vice's headline ...
June 14, 2013 - indieWIRE
- New York Times releases video of North Pond Hermit neighbors, song
The North Pond Hermit is back in the news, more than two months after the story about Christopher Knigh t first broke. This time, it’s a version of the North Pond Hermit song written by Maine bluegrass musician Stacey Keach and performed by Keach and Dan Simons, filmed by reporters Brent McDonald and Katherine Q. Seelye of the New York Times . The song first came out in a video shot in mid-April ...
June 11, 2013 - Bangor Daily News
- Tom Harley in Geelong Advertiser
I've made the choice not to disappear, not to crawl up in a hole, not to be a hermit, but to put myself out there on the highest stage of sport again and have people judge me, criticise me, watch me and then hopefully it helps them in their... Marion Jones http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Jones&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGGHzkgyFGPANa1Ys75Lrv1IbMq1g Sydney Morning Herald http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/jones-seeks-to-make-amends-in-wnba-20100514-v20p.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGHpkDAkBe408-0uicS5dbRC-rXHQ May 13, 2010
46784 63542 hermit He's an interesting kind of kid, he's a pretty reclusive guy but in saying that not totally, he's not a hermit or anything, he does really enjoy being around the fellas," Harley said. "I guess from a surprising point of view is in the last...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in stv.tv
It's been in the news for months,Clinton said when asked about her comment. "I don't think that it's a forbidden subject to talk about succession in the hermit kingdom."