hepatic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of numerous small green nonvascular plants of the class Hepaticopsida growing in wet places and resembling green seaweeds or leafy mosses
- a pertaining to or affecting the liver
- The hepatic artery, which delivers blood for the liver's own oxygen needs, was so damaged by pressure from the cancer as to be useless.
- Borgnine and the rest of the cast had to take gamma globulin shots to protect themselves against a countrywide epidemic of a hepatic disease.
- A 45-year-old mother of ten found her third husband drinking at a wedding reception, after he had nearly died of hepatic failure.