hellish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s very unpleasant
- s extremely evil or cruel; expressive of cruelty or befitting hell
- How could such idealistic, if naive, people set out to build an idyllic haven from modern society's many pressures and turn it into a hellish colony of death?.
- The Oscar-winning director is standing in a rock quarry near Veracruz, Mexico, shooting a hellish scene for Apocalypto, his action epic about the ancient Maya.
- The White Mountains, meanwhile, focus things further, turning already bad weather to flat-out hellish.
News & Articles
- Vikings show support for grieving Iowa family
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Jeff Anderson admits it was a small gesture, but the Minnesota Vikings organization tried to comfort and support a north central Iowa family dealing with hellish grief.
June 20, 2013 - The Gazette
- Syria’s internally displaced – ‘The world has forgotten us’
IDPs have often been the invisible and forgotten victims of Syria's brutal conflict that has raged since 2011, out of the media spotlight and largely sidelined by the political wrangling between all parties to the conflict. June 19, 2013 International On a recent visit to a camp near Atmeh, just inside Syria near the Turkish border, some 21,000 people were sheltering amid hellish conditions ...
June 20, 2013 - Amnesty International
- ‘Near normal’ LIRR commute expected for Wednesday morning
The MTA announced that after two hellish days the LIRR morning commute will be almost normal for Wednesday morning. Amtrak crews worked around the clock to repair tracks and switches damaged Monday evening when an eastbound LIRR train derailed.
June 19, 2013 - WPIX 11 New York
- Alan Boss in USA Today
This is indeed an oddball planet, where the temperature range of the season changes from hellish to super-hellish,said Carnegie Institution astronomer Alan Boss. "This place makes Venus look like a nice place to live, and that is saying...
- Harry Kewell in The Australian
The last four years have been hellish with one injury after another,Kewell told Liverpool FC magazine.
- Xavier Bertrand in AFP
Tomorrow is going to be a hellish day for travellers and perhaps for many days beyond that,said Labour Minister Xavier Bertrand.