hellenic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the Hellenic branch of the Indo-European family of languages
- s of or pertaining to or characteristic of the ancient Greek and Roman cultures
- a relating to or characteristic of the classical Greek civilization
- a of or relating to or characteristic of Greece or the Greeks or the Greek language
- Josef Ackermann in Wall Street Journal
We will maintain these credit lines against the Hellenic Republic if possible--each bank has to decide this for themselves--and against Greek banks, which is very important,Ackermann said.
- Archbishop Demetrios in Greek News
The Archbishop praised the Federation for "distinguishing itself with the advancement of our Hellenic culture and with our Orthodox Christian ideals."
- Dimitris Sioufas in Athens News Agency
Speaking after a meeting Monday with visiting Cyprus House President Marios Garoyian, Sioufas said: "I would like to express, on behalf of the Hellenic Parliament and Greece in general, our support towards our common strategic target for a just,...