- n the quality of being shockingly cruel and inhumane
- Berlin's Deutsche Allgemeine Zeitung gloated that Captain Gring "did not make use of his pardoning power because of the heinousness of their treacherous attacks and the .
- In many of the 36 states that have capital-punishment statutes, the decision concerning who shall live and who shall die often has disturbingly little to do with the heinousness of .
- Prisoners at Camp Phillips, as at other centers, are divided into three groups, depending on the heinousness of their offenses and the prospects of their reform: 1) first-grade .
- Joseph Edward Duncan in KXLY
I should thank them, but I won't. Despite the heinousness of all my crimes, and the sickness, the insanity, the evidence shows clearly, that completely contrary to all my life experience, that something happened,Duncan said, adding that he...
- Donovan in USA Today
The heinousness of this crime is that they set out to prey on African-Americans, and Alie happened to be the person they came upon,said District Attorney Daniel Donovan.
- Patrick Dodson in The Age
Dodson says he supports tackling "the heinousness of people abusing children" - the issue that motivated Canberra's intervention - but attacks the usefulness, and bona fides, of this action. "Where are the prosecutions over these allegations?...