- n the quality of being shockingly cruel and inhumane
- n a brutal barbarous savage act
- In addition to admitting his complicity in Japanese barbarity in Manchuria and professing communist zealotry, Pu Yi also learned more practical things like how to brush his teeth .
- In opening statements, federal prosecutor Brian Skaret emphasized the barbarity of the slaughter, focusing almost exclusively on the events of March 12, and Green's alleged role in .
- In closing arguments, federal prosecutor Brian Skaret focused on the barbarity of the acts.
News & Articles
- Theater review: 'We Are Proud to Present' and a time of genocide
In Jackie Sibblies Drury's play at the Matrix Theatre Company, the depiction of a tragic period in African history is at issue. Theodor Adorno's oft-quoted, much misunderstood remark, "It is barbaric to write poetry after Auschwitz," raises questions about the ability of artists to represent the Holocaust. How can the cultural tools that were complicit in genocide comment on its barbarity?
June 12, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Judea Pearl in Forbes
There is this belief that all those other worlds are only being temporarily prevented by wicked governments or by heavy crises or by their own barbarity or incomprehension from taking the way of Western pluralistic democracy and from adopting the... Alexander Solzhenitsyn http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Solzhenitsyn&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHd77UGtDcqPW9VWYt8EFrRSkE2PQ Santa Cruz Sentinel http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/world/ci_10090971&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHCpSkCjgcit6XaE-B1OZL6miSCjw Aug 4, 2008
8119 11463 barbarity The forces of barbarity and evil are still active in our world. The Holocaust didn't finish in 1945," Judea Pearl said.
- Lula da Silva in International Herald Tribune
This barbarity that happened in Rio de Janeiro can't be treated like common crime, it's terrorism, and must to be dealt with by the strong hand of the Brazilian state,Silva told an estimated 10,000 supporters, including many who traveled from...