heartrending : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s causing or marked by grief or anguish
the heartrending words of Rabin's granddaughter
- Acts of startling psychological cruelty mix with moments of heartrending warmth; banal marital problems dovetail with shocking hints of incest.
- Hatch declared the process "heartrending" because of what he called a lack of outreach.
- Long before Jhumpa Lahiri won the Pulitzer Prize for Interpreter of Maladies, long before Monica Ali won thousands of devoted readers with her heartrending Brick Lane, another .
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Tehran Times
The heartrending tragedy was in fact a declaration of war on humanity and a mark of lasting disgrace and shame for the organizations claiming to be advocates of human rights and the campaign against terrorism,Ahmadinejad said in a statement...
- Pervez Musharraf in Daily Times
Recording his impression in the Visitors Book, President Musharraf said, "The stories of the worst inhuman genocide here in Srebrenica are indeed heartrending. The heart of the Pakistani people beats in unison with the survivors of this great...
- Shirley Ann Jackson in Troy Record
On behalf of the entire Rensselaer community, I extend my deepest sympathies to all who have been affected by today's heartrending events at Virginia Tech,Jackson said. "Our hearts go out to the families and friends of the victims who lost...