hazel : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n Australian tree grown especially for ornament and its fine-grained wood and bearing edible nuts
- n the fine-grained wood of a hazelnut tree (genus Corylus) and the hazel tree (Australian genus Pomaderris)
- n any of several shrubs or small trees of the genus Corylus bearing edible nuts enclosed in a leafy husk
- n a shade of brown that is yellowish or reddish; it is a greenish shade of brown when used to describe the color of someone's eyes
- s of a light brown or yellowish brown color
- Scrunching her nose and squinting her hazel eyes, she assumes a trancelike expression that rarely bespeaks the slightest emotion.
- And everything else on the lunch menu, from soup (lentil) to nuts (hazel), was locally grown, baked, milked and mixed.
- Donna Reed, 64, hazel-eyed, sweetly pretty actress who came to symbolize the heartland virtues of American womanhood in films like It's a Wonderful Life (1946) but who won a .
News & Articles
- Hazel Pinson, 79, retired private nurse
Hazel Henderson Pinson, 79, formerly of Wilmington, N.C., went home to be with the Lord on Thursday, June 13, 2013, at Novant Health Gaffney Medical Center. read more
June 14, 2013 - Gaffney Ledger
- Hazel Lila Arlene Deaner
March 31, 1914 – June 10, 2013 ROCHESTER, Minn. — Hazel Lila Arlene Deaner was born in Scandia to Anton … The post Hazel Lila Arlene Deaner appeared first on The Stillwater Gazette .
June 13, 2013 - Stillwater Gazette
- Hazel Lemburg, 92
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Wash. — Hazel Olive Lemburg, 92, formerly of Grand Island, died May 21, 2013, at Bernadette Jones Adult Family Home in University Place, Wash.
June 12, 2013 - Grand Island Independent