harvest : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the yield from plants in a single growing season
- n the consequence of an effort or activity
they gathered a harvest of examples
a harvest of love
- n the gathering of a ripened crop
- n the season for gathering crops
- v gather, as of natural products
harvest the grapes
- v remove from a culture or a living or dead body, as for the purposes of transplantation
The Chinese are said to harvest organs from executed criminals
- The rebels also wanted a slice of the harvest action: a "tip" of about $5 for each 500 lbs.
- So eager was President Hoover to push ahead with Farm Relief, to catch this year's harvest at the crest, that last week, before its membership was completed, he ordered his new .
- But the farmers say that this year's successful harvest is only the beginning.
News & Articles
- Deadly Harvest: A Detective Kubu Mystery
It is hard to believe that DEADLY HARVEST is the fourth Detective Kubu mystery by Michael Sears and Stanley Trollip, the duo writing collaboratively under the name “Michael Stanley.”
June 19, 2013 - Book Reporter
- Second Harvest Food Bank is looking for volunteers
The Second Harvest Food Bank of the Lehigh Valley makes sure a lot of folks in our area don't go hungry but the organization needs a boost of its own. Stocked shelves are only part of the equation. “Hunger is an invisible disability,” said Ann McManus, Director of Second Harvest Food Bank of the Lehigh Valley. The goal of Second Harvest of the Lehigh Valley is to provide food to people who are ...
June 18, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Ozarks Food Harvest awards $250,000 in grants to Southwest Missouri nonprofits
Ozarks Food Harvest awarded $250,000 to nearly 50 food pantries and hunger-relief programs today at a press conference at the O'Reilly Center for Hunger Relief. The infrastructure grants, ranging in value from $1,300 to $10,000, went to the purchase of industrial-sized freezers, coolers, shelving and other supplies to help expand the capacity of Missouri's emergency food system.
June 18, 2013 - KOAM-TV Pittsburg
- Eugenio HernÃ¡ndez Flores in eTaiwan News
There are thousands of producers who work all year to harvest the fruits of their labor, and it is the only income they have for the year, so we have to prevent extortion,said Eugenio Hernandez Flores, the governor of Tamaulipas, the Mexican...
- Jamal Lewis in Washington Post
This is his show, not mine,Lewis said, according to the AP. "You got to take care of your crop. If you don't, when it comes time to harvest you're not going to make no money because the crop is no good. That's that."
- Muqtada al-Sadr in USA Today
I'm certain, just like all oppressed Iraqis are certain, that no security plan will work and no goodwill come of any occupier,al-Sadr said in the statement. "Here we are, watching booby trapped cars exploding to harvest thousands of...