harpy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a malicious woman with a fierce temper
- n (Greek mythology) vicious winged monster; often depicted as a bird with the head of a woman
- n any of various fruit bats of the genus Nyctimene distinguished by nostrils drawn out into diverging tubes
- n large black-and-white crested eagle of tropical America
- But last week, while readers watched Capp spoof Cartoonist Allen Saunders' lovable, motherly missus-fixit Mary Worth as a nasty, interfering old harpy named Mary Worm, the worm .
- Not only is her money-grubbing harpy a stereotype, but unless creator Ryan Murphy is able to find something human in hersomething that made Will end up with her in the first .
- There are also several flaws (as the uneven Riches had): Heche's ex-wife is an especially thin-drawn harpy; the pilot tends to go (like me) for the easy joke (Ray sees a career .
News & Articles
- Of Human Bondage: Kino Classics Remastered Edition (Blu-ray)
Highly Recommended Note: images do not reflect the contents of the Of Human Bondage Blu-Ray. The Movie: There have been a few film adaptations made from Of Human Bondage , W. Somerset Maugham's 1915 novel of a destined-to-fail dalliance between a sensitive club-footed young man and an alluring but manipulative harpy. Of the three Hollywood versions, the 1934 RKO production starring Bette Davis ...
June 12, 2013 - DVD Talk