- a causing or capable of causing harm
too much sun is harmful to the skin
harmful effects of smoking
- All this time, it seems, the average Joe may have been ingesting more harmful mercury than he thought.
- She has made a mission of promoting the "imperfect white"keeping cotton its natural color, a creamy off-white, instead of using harmful chemical bleaches.
- They are typically made of polyethylene and can take up to 1,000 years to biodegrade in landfills that emit harmful greenhouse gases.
News & Articles
- Papaya-clay combo could cut cost of water purification in developing countries
An inexpensive new material made of clay and papaya seeds removes harmful metals from water and could lower the cost of providing clean water to millions of people in the developing world, scientists are reporting. Their study on this "hybrid clay" appears in the journal ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering.
June 12, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- In North Carolina, political protesters welcome arrest
'Moral Monday' protests call attention to Republican-backed policies that demonstrators, including many clergy members, say are harmful to minorities and the poor. Raleigh, N.C. — The Rev. Deborah Cayer arrived at the state Legislature building here Monday night wearing a protest button and toting an umbrella. She had tucked her driver's license into her skirt waistband.
June 12, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- SchizLife.com Celebrates 1-Year Anniversary, Debunks Harmful Schizophrenia Myths
Schizophrenia myths are prevalent in our society. As SchizLife.com celebrates its one-year anniversary, the community is working to provide accurate information about schizophrenia by creating a safe-haven for thoughtful and intelligent dialog, and debunking common but harmful myths. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Schiz-Life/Schiz-Life-Anniversary ...
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- President Bush in Reuters Canada
Bush, who doggedly supported Gonzales during repeated confrontations with the Democratic-controlled Congress, said Gonzales had endured "months of unfair treatment that has created a harmful distraction at the Justice Department."
- John McCain in International Herald Tribune
There's going to be a harmful affect on many local businesses and it's going to be painful for a lot of folks. But I promise you this, things are going to return to normal. This region that has known a lot of hardship will bounce back just like... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA CNN http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/06/14/obama.gulf.alabama/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG1bXebxaGXhLm3q9umsEBbLwn5kw Jun 14, 2010
45590 62068 harmful I will not play election-year politics with the housing crisis," said McCain, the certain Republican nominee. "I will evaluate everything in terms of whether it might be harmful or helpful to our effort to deal with the crisis we face now."