hardboard : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a cheap hard material made from wood chips that are pressed together and bound with synthetic resin
- The outside hardboard surface is wood composition, the inside plastic-coated.
- Bagasse, the residue after cane is squeezed, can be converted into hardboard and tile.
- In early June Trinidad dockworkers refused to unload a $20,000 consignment of South African hardboard, forcing its return to the manufacturers; three weeks ago a shipment of tires .
- Philip Hensher in guardian.co.uk
He does what a great writer can do,wrote Philip Hensher in the Spectator, "to make us see, while sitting in our armchairs, exactly what it would be like to stand on a bit of hardboard while a 30ft wave defeats our attempts to float on it....