- n a weedy perennial with tough wiry stems and purple flowers; native to Europe but widely naturalized
- Returning home with 700 fish, mostly hardheads and croakers, the first batch of angling excursionists felt quite satisfied that they had $40 worth of fun.
- He wisecracked that he was going to spend the week-end on Chesapeake Bay fishing for "hardheads" because "there are so many soft heads here.
- Washington hardheads talk of holding up the annual renewal of China's normal trade relations (the new bureaucratic label for most-favored- nation trading status) or blocking its .
News & Articles
- Fishing Forecast: Variety spices up bay fishing
It’s a broken record from last week, but that’s a good thing. A very good thing. Fishing for rockfish, perch, spot and hardheads remains outstanding in most places from the Choptank River to the Magot
June 20, 2013 - CapitalGazette.com
- Rick Perry in LiveScience.com
The evacuation I think was a great success. We had a few hardheads. We always do,Texas Gov. Rick Perry told The New York Times.
- Stephen Larkham in Sydney Morning Herald
The media has been on our back on this tour, and rightly so,Larkham said. "We know a lot of people have written us off, but there is confidence in this team, and next year we will have a few old hardheads back in the side."