handset : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n telephone set with the mouthpiece and earpiece mounted on a single handle
- What is even more puzzling is that large handset companies don't just make smart phones; they make a lot of cheap phones for people in emerging markets and consumers who don't .
- The handset and cell industries face a particularly vexing problem.
- The HTC Dream from T-Mobile will be the first handset to run Google's new mobile operating system, Android.
News & Articles
- HTC Desire 200 official with palm-sized Android
The HTC Desire 200 has been officially revealed, the company’s newest handset and one that brings Android in a form-factor a little larger than a credit card. Fronted by a 3.5-inch HVGA touchscreen, and running Android on a 1GHz Snapdragon S1 processor, the Desire 200 obviously isn’t going to break any speed records or, for Read The Full Story
June 18, 2013 - SlashGear
- LG phone to sport always-on voice commands in 2014 -- report
This is LG's big new Optimus G Pro. (Credit: Sarah Tew/CNET) LG is hard at work on a new smartphone that will allow for always-on voice commands, a new report claims. The handset, which will launch in 2014, will allow users to speak commands without needing to touch the screen first, Gotta Be Mobile is reporting on Tuesday, citing three people who claim to have knowledge of LG's plans.The ...
June 18, 2013 - CNET
- EU quizzes telecom firms, handset makers on Google's Android
By Foo Yun Chee BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Union antitrust regulators are asking mobile telecoms operators and handset makers if their Android deals with Google block rivals in mobile telephony, a move that could lead to a second investigation into the company. Google is already seeking to settle a three-year probe into complaints it squeezed out online search rivals. The Internet search ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Miles Flint in Mobile Entertainment
Flint said: "After nearly 17 years in Sony and Sony Ericsson, I wish to develop new personal and business opportunities and intend to take a short career break before deciding on my next steps. Leading a major mobile handset company which is also a...
- Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo in Akron Beacon Journal
A fall in the mobile handset market, in euro terms, seems likely this year, and the reason for this is the strong decline in the dollar versus the euro during the early part of the year and last year,Kallasvuo said.