hand-to-mouth : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s providing only bare essentials
a hand-to-mouth existence
- In poor countries, living is so hand-to-mouth that there is scant time to think about the distant future.
- Their life, mainly on arduous tours, was hard and financially hand-to-mouth.
- Farming 30 years ago meant living hand-to-mouth, and when Wang mentioned on the phone that he and his sons were still farming, my dad decided to send some money as a New Years gift.
News & Articles
- EU says Greek aid could be split into instalments
MIKKELI, Finland/ATHENS (Reuters) - Greece could get its next tranche of international aid in instalments, the EU's top economic official said on Friday, keeping the country in a hand-to-mouth existence ...
July 5, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- David Nabarro in BBC News
We are running on a threadbare, hand-to-mouth existence, and if the plight of these people in Darfur is as important to the international community as it seems to be, then we would have expected more long-term support,Mr Nabarro said.