hammered : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v beat with or as if with a hammer
- v create by hammering
- a shaped or worked with a hammer and often showing hammer marks
a bowl of hammered brass
- And just in case anyone wasn't scared enough, the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis hammered the nightmare home with photos that seemed to show up everywhere of sad .
- While policy is cast in the White House and hammered out in the Pentagon and Congress, it is soldiers like Gittins who influence, through grit and courage, what actually happens on .
- In just 60 days, they hammered together an extraordinarily comprehensive--and unwieldy--constitution, and renamed the country the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
News & Articles
- Video: At least 2 killed as severe weather slams U.S.
At least two people were killed by the severe weather that hammered an area from the upper Midwest to the mid-Atlantic. Charlie Rose reports on the loss of life and property damage.
June 14, 2013 - CBS News
- Victor Cruz and New York Giants Reportedly Agree on 1-Year Contract
The New York Giants have finally hammered out a deal for superstar receiver Victor Cruz, retaining the wide receiver's services for next year. The fourth-year wideout will sign his restricted free-agent tender, according to ESPN's Josina Anderson. Victor Cruz told me he's on his way to the Giants facility this am. He intends to sign his 1st-round restricted free agent tender of $2.879M — Josina ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Apple's Eddy Cue takes the stand in e-book antitrust trial
Hammered by the DOJ on the effect of higher e-book prices on consumers.
June 13, 2013 - CNN Money
- Jerry Reese in USA Today
With the deadline approaching it was the right business thing to do at this point, although we are hopeful to get a longer term deal hammered out in the near future,Reese said. "I did speak to Brandon and we had a very good conversation...
- Kenny Perry in USA Today
I've been getting hammered for it,Perry said. "I'm proud of myself to be able to push that aside and go out there and shoot good scores."
- Curt Schilling in ESPN
Most of the hits were mistakes and they hammered them,Schilling said. "My last 12 innings, I've given up 24 baserunners. It's not just the stretch, it's everything. I've got to pitch again in five days and I've got to figure it out in the...