- n meat cut from the thigh of a hog (usually smoked)
- n (Old Testament) son of Noah
- n a licensed amateur radio operator
- n an unskilled actor who overacts
- v exaggerate one's acting
- For instance, if you go to Atlanta's Dogwood and find yourself unwilling to part with $12 for crab-brie fondue or $29 for steak, you can instead order $4 ham-and-cheese grits .
- If hunger gnaws 20 minutes before train time, you make for the lunch counter and orderchicken a la King? Beef casserole? Braised pork? More likely, old dependable ham and .
- When the two pose for pictures, they ham it up with gusto.
News & Articles
- Area amateur radio operators to participate in national training exercise
Amateur "Ham" radio operators around the country and locally will be participating in a 24-hour training and evaluation exercise June 22 and 23. Local radio clubs will be erecting temporary radio stations in parks, campgrounds, schools, emergency centers and elsewhere to demonstrate the use of the FCC-licensed radio operations which can be a communications resource in an emergency. "Duplicating ...
June 15, 2013 - The Mercury
- Star of 'The Sandlot' shows up in STL
'Ham' helps dedicate ballfield for disabled children
June 14, 2013 - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Liverpool Transfer Rumours: Andy Carroll Move to West Ham Wouldn't Hurt Reds
After parts of three inconsistent seasons with Liverpool , English striker Andy Carroll was loaned to West Ham United this past season. If West Ham is able to negotiate a permanent transfer for Carroll, there is absolutely no reason for the Reds to fret. According to ESPN , West Ham is closing in on an agreement that would keep Carroll at Upton Park for the foreseeable future. Liverpool ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Jeremy Peace in The Press Association
Peace said: "Details of a third bid from West Ham for Graham Dorrans have been leaked to the media. This offer is completely unwelcome and, like West Ham's previous two bids, it has been rejected out of hand."
- Roberto Donadoni in SkySports
I decided to take my name out of the race because the feeling was that of not being the right fit for the type of programme they (West Ham) had in mind,Donadoni told calciomercato.com. "I want to thank the London club. It gives me great...
- Austan Goolsbee in FOXNews
That's a pretty ham-handed description of what I answered,Goolsbee said of the memo's description of "political positioning." "A: In no possible way was that a reference to NAFTA. And B: In no possible way was I inferring that he was going...