- n tranquilizer (trade name Haldol) used to treat some psychotic disorders and Tourette's syndrome
- Biochemical and electrophysiological studies have shown that chlorpromazine and haloperidol block the action of dopamine.
- The young psychologist began his research in the late 1970s, when treatment of the mentally retarded with powerful antipsychotic drugs, such as haloperidol and chlorpromazine, was .
- Thorazine and related drugs such as haloperidol, fluphenazine and thiothixene soon eclipsed the brutal treatments previously in vogue: lobotomy, primitive electroshock and .
News & Articles
- Haloperidol Doesn’t Help Delirium
Haloperidol, an antipsychotic medication, is the most commonly used drug to treat critically ill hospital patients who develop the confusion and disorientation typical of delirium.
Aug. 21, 2013 - ThirdAge