- n a shout to attract attention
he gave a great halloo but no one heard him
- v urge on with shouts
halloo the dogs in a hunt
- v shout `halloo', as when greeting someone or attracting attention
- William and his attractive wife, Jane, 24, organized the Wicomico Hunt Club, love to halloo after hounds across their fields.
- Hullabaloo, which harks back at least to the 18th century English wolf-hunting cry of "halloo-baloo," appeared as shumikha, which means "uproar.
- Latest view-halloo was sounded by Harry Twyford Peters, Master of the Meadow Brook Hounds.