half-moon : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the crescent-shaped area at the base of the human fingernail
- n the time at which the Moon is at first or last quarter when half its face is illuminated
- It was anyone's bet who faced a more dire risk, the hunted in terrorist cells or the hunters in humvees, along with whom I was riding under a half-moon.
- During the Andropov era, the KGB's foreign directorate moved out of the Dzerzhinsky Square headquarters to a large, modern, half-moon-shaped office building on the Moscow Ring Road.
- Your ankles are strapped into half-moon-shaped foot cuffs lined with canvas.
News & Articles
- On the market: 'Four Maples' offers spaciousness, privacy
The colonial at 175 Adams Lane in New Canaan, on the market for $2,475,000, is called "Four Maples" by the owners as its large half-moon turn around driveway is fronted by a splendid line of four red maples.
June 28, 2013 - The New Canaan News