- n the fifth pillar of Islam is a pilgrimage to Mecca during the month of Dhu al-Hijja; at least once in a lifetime a Muslim is expected to make a religious journey to Mecca and the Kaaba
for a Muslim the hajj is the ultimate act of worship
- Cheaper air travel and a lavish expansion of facilities in recent times mean the number of pilgrims to Mecca for the annual hajj festival now regularly totals around 2.
- The Koran orders all the faithful, except slaves, women without companions and those who cannot afford the journey, to make the hajj, the holy pilgrimage to Mecca, at least once in .
- At least once in his life, if he can, he must make the hajj, the sacred pilgrimage to Mecca.
- President Bush in Reuters South Africa
Like the many victims before him, General al-Hajj was a supporter of Lebanon's independence and an opponent of Syria's interference in Lebanon's internal affairs,Bush said.
- Hassan Nasrallah in Forbes
You have killed Hajj Imad outside the natural battlefield,Nasrallah said in remarks directed at Israel.
- Barack Obama in AFP
On behalf of the American people, we would like to extend our greetings during this Hajj season -- Eid Mubarak,Obama said, using a traditional Muslim greeting.